Book Now: 0435 338 847
Alight Yoga for injury management, emotional well-being & stress relief.
(Related descriptions: Healing Yoga, Private Yoga lessons, Yoga Therapy, Therapeutic Yoga or Yoga Personal Training)
Healing Yoga Private lessons by appointment.
- Healing Yoga
- Chakra Yoga
- Reiki Yoga
- Yoga injury management
Healing Yoga Applications
Yoga can be used for most circumstances imaginable. Here are some common applications.
- Yoga for back pain
- Yoga for lower-back pain & core strength
- Yoga for upper-back pain
- Yoga for Scoliosis
- Yoga for M.S
- Yoga for Adrenaline Fatigue
- Yoga for hip pain
- Yoga for joint pain
- Yoga for sciatica
- Yoga for endometriosis
- Yoga for knee pain
- Yoga for neck problems
- Yoga for migraines
- Yoga for hormonal issues
- Yoga for age-related immobility
- Yoga for obesity
- Yoga for anorexia
- Yoga for boosting the immune system & stress management during medical treatments
- Yoga for long-term illness’
- Yoga for exercise related injuries
- Yoga for muscular-skeletal tension
- Yoga for work-related postural problems & pain
Yoga Therapy for the Emotions
- Yoga for depression
- Yoga for anxiety
- Yoga for grief
- Yoga for insomnia
- Yoga for stress-relief
Benefits of Alight Healing Yoga
- All levels, ages and abilities.
- Treat the “roots” of a condition or illness.
- Adjust your Yoga practice to accommodate injuries or illness.
- Yoga Therapy sessions need not be physically challenging.
- Incorporating Restorative Yoga techniques,
- Breathing exercises (Pranayama) and meditation.
- Utilising the Chakra system to approach the challenge on different levels.
- Modify poses with props such as Yoga blocks, chairs, straps and pillows.
- Eimear is also a Certified Reiki practitioner.
“Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.”
A Yoga Therapy/ Therapeutic Yoga session with Eimear
- Yoga Asanas (poses) with clearly defined health benefits.
- Specific Pranayama (breathing) exercises, meditation and Mudras.
- A practice is followed by Yoga Nidra with a suitable guided relaxation for the client.
- Each session is designed with the individuals requirements in mind, even the choice of music.
- Every pose, Pranayama or Mudra serves a unique purpose.
- Each Asana is modified to strengthen and bring back health to the client.
- Yoga practices can be designed to accommodate injuries and even long-term illness.
- A Yoga Therapy session need not be overly physical or physical at all!
* Eimear has designed sessions for clients with crush fractures, vertebrae degeneration etc. In all of these instances clients have been extremely happy with the results.
Carolyn came to Yoga Therapy One-to-Ones to treat a crush fracture, tightness in the hips and adductors, particularly on one side. After 4 sessions she was feeling much better. She later joined the Beginners Yoga classes using modifications learnt in the Yoga Therapy sessions. After 2 Beginners Yoga courses with YWE her physio advised she no longer had a crush fracture. She advised that with her teacher’s guidance it would be safe to bring even more flexion into the spine and follow the standard sequence in class. She has continued with YWE classes.
“I really value Eimear’s one-to-one and group yoga classes. My physical and emotional health have greatly improved; my back (and overall body) feels much stronger and her beautiful approach always leave me feeling calm and refreshed. Eimear’s clear knowledge and lovely demeanor make her a very special instructor and I can’t recommend her more highly…”
Toni came to me to treat Endomyosis, vertebra degeneration and work related stress and busyness. As well as physical practice with suitably modified Asanas (poses) to bring back health, we made the breath a large focus. With meditation and engagement with the breath during practice we managed to calm and relax the body and mind. Visualisation and Yoga Nidra were very effective for Toni.
“I started seeing Eimear for 1: 1 yoga just over a month ago due to pelvic pain from Endomyosis. The pain was so debilitating that I was considering a Hysterectomy. After 4 sessions I am almost pain free. Very happy with Eimear’s instructions and I also enjoy the relaxation aspect of the yoga”
Rachel was suffering from Adrenaline fatigue. I advised restorative Yoga practices (while making adjustments to avoid neck pain, which had been an issue for her). We practiced “passive” poses using blankets and props for the body. These poses delivered the full health benefits of physical poses without strain on the body.
“Eimear is a wonderful, very insightful, and competent yoga instructor. She is very careful to make sure you are performing the postures correctly and are comfortable. She is kind, caring, and very generous with her time. I highly recommend her!”
Liz was one of my first YWE Yogis in Adelaide. In her 60s she had not practiced Yoga for some years. She had a good deal of previous Yoga experience. Due to have a hip replacement she was looking for a gentle practice with modifications. The meditative benefits of the practice were extremely important for her. She greatly enjoyed the outdoor sessions reconnecting with nature.
“Eimear is a wonderful instructor. She is an inspiring practitioner and a supportive teacher. She has unlimited patience and happily repeats instruction time and time again! She clearly embraces the philosophy of yoga and incorporates this into all poses. I would and have recommended her to anyone, at any level.”
Yoga Therapy Payments
Our Therapeutic sessions have been priced on average at half the standard rate. This is to promote our services. Please keep your eye on the prices as they do change! This is a fantastic deal.
$60 for 6o mins of Yoga Therapy / Therapeutic Yoga
Please feel free to contact us with any queries.